I have a large number of Facebook friends located throughout the world. I am very interested in hearing from some of you about how educational systems outside the United States are being affected by major change agents such as:
- Information and Communication Technology including the Web, Internet, Smartphones, tablet computers, laptop computers, computer games, computer-assisted learning, artificial intelligence, and so on.
- Research on brain science, especially cognitive neuroscience.
- Past and current research on learning theory, effective methods of teaching, student assessment, and teacher assessment.
- Pressures for more equal treatment of all students regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, religion, and level of income.
- Attempts to deal with education-related problems unique to a specific country. (What are some of the major educational problems in your country?)
Please consider submitting an article to Information Age Education. I am looking for articles that address the questions given above, ones that will help people from outside your country to understand both how well your educational system is doing and any major problems it is addressing. I am interested in three specific types of articles:...